Monday, August 1, 2011

IV

(This blog might get pretty boring now if you're not into nursing stuff or even if you are :)....just fyi!)

I put my first IV in a baby last week. It was really nerve racking hearing the baby scream the entire time and with 2 nurses holding him down.
But I got it in my first try so I still have a 100% success rate with placing IV's!

Can I just say how happy I am every Thursday cause I'm in peds? I used to dread clinicals cause of my dislike of old med surg floors but peds makes me so happy. I actually look forward to going to the hospital. Finally I get to take care of babies!
I was in the ER last week and I loved it. It's totally different than being on the floor. I love the adrenaline of it and the fast paced work you have to do when someone comes in from the ambulance. Might be something I could enjoy and get used to...

Want to hear some great news??? It's now August which means I am done in 6 months! Hallelujah. I hope I can make it these next few months.  

No comments:

Post a Comment